Chill Belfast Ltd Data Protection Policy
This is a statement of the Data Protection Policy adopted by Chill Belfast LTD (Chill). To perform its function, Chill needs to collect and use certain types of information about clients who wish to have a massage.
Chill regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as important to the achievement of its objectives. We therefore strive to ensure that our organisation treats personal information lawfully and correctly.
Data Protection Principles
Chill endorses and is committed to adhering to the eight data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998. The eight Principles require that personal information is:
• Fairly and lawfully processed
• Processed for limited purposes
• Adequate, relevant and not excessive
• Accurate, and kept up-to-date
• Not kept longer than necessary
• Processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
• Not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection being provided to the personal data on individual subjects
Use of Your Personal Data
We will use personal information provided by you for the purpose of assessing your level of health and risk assessment, or gathered by Chill for the following purposes:
• To decide your eligibility for certain treatments
• To perform a risk assessment
• To process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received about our service
• To provide services requested by you
• To communicate with you about Chill services, events and news and upcoming availability for appointments
• To analyse trends and profiles and compile statistics
• For audit purposes
• To carry out customer satisfaction research
• To prevent or detect fraud
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above and we will remove it when the purposes have been met.
Security and Storage of Your Personal Data
Chill will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to limit the opportunity for unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and to guard against accidental loss, destruction of, or damage to personal data. Appropriate contractual obligations shall be incorporated into contracts that Chill enters into with third parties. Chill shall ensure that all staff employed to undertake data processing are aware of their responsibilities in relation to the processing of personal data as it applies to their area of work.
Sharing of Personal Data
We share information in the following circumstances:
• Where we are required to do so by law
• When you have given consent for us to do so